Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I came across this poem and can't remember where I found it. My youngest, my baby, is now in school full-time and this poem hit a chord with me. It's another chapter in my life. In their lives. Just wanted to share.

Kindergarten Wonder

I wonder what you are doing right now and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person, a nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows just how special you are to me,
And if the brightness of your heart is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice and how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you can possibly understand how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks, for this is the first step in letting my baby go!




No comments:

Post a Comment