Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Loft, blogging

Wow. It has been a LONG time since I've blogged. Hmmm. Not sure why that is. Well, actually, I do.

The kids are getting tucked into bed too late. Really, 9:15 is just too late. If they were at least in bed and reading by 8:30 I'd be okay with that. But when my time comes only at 9:45, I am not a happy camper.

By the time I plop myself into bed and pull my laptop out my husband is ready to go to sleep and my clicking away at the keyboard is not what he wants to hear as he's trying to fall asleep.

Well, we have a nice little loft area that has been in need of some reorganizing. It's one of those spaces that just seems to collect odds and ends, the laundry basket, books, toys, etc. Do you have one of those spots in your house?

It really hasn't been put to good use. Until now. I've taken out two bookcases that weren't housing any books, an old broken dresser that we had grown so accustomed to looking at that we didn't even realize it looked horrible sitting there against the wall.

I wish I had taken a before picture so you could see how cluttered it was. But here it is now. I have an old rocking chair that I used when the boys were babies. It is not a beauty, but is so unbelievably comfortable. It's a rocker/recliner. It's the perfect chair for me to sit in with my laptop, it's almost like being in bed - that comfortable. A usable space for me at night when Michael wants to sleep and I want to continue clicking away. It is just right outside the bedrooms. Perfect.


Keeping me "company" while I click away on my laptop at night are my three little cutie-patooties (who are not so little anymore). *sigh*


On another note:
I'm going to start making lists, again. AND I am going to start using my organizer, again, and actually carry it around with me. I am most organized and efficient when I have a list going on so I can cross stuff off as I go along.  Love to cross things off. It makes me happy and I feel I've accomplished something during the day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment