Friday, May 6, 2011

Being a beginner...

My youngest is a bit of a perfectionist. He doesn't want to make any mistakes and gets frustrated when he doesn't draw something right, misses a ball when he's trying to play soccer, etc. Basically he wants to be perfect right away, no waiting. He will throw a tantrum, cry, crumple up paper, or kick or throw something. I think we never really get over that feeling - that frustration - we only learn to "mask" those feelings as adults. We learn to keep them under control. At least most of the time.

I'm learning something new right now. I feel like a beginner right now. I feel like a 6 year old. I feel frustrated when trying to learn something new. I want to be able to do things quickly, by instinct.... This article was helpful and hopefully will be useful to you too.  Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment