Thursday, January 21, 2010

Balance

I remember the days when we actually played outside all day, rode our bikes to the local pool without having to worry about kidnappers. Why is it that we hover over our kids so much? Is it that we're older parents and worry more? Do younger parents worry less? I remember spending summers playing with friends and siblings while our parents were busy working, cooking, cleaning, etc. Or is it just my kids that require a lot of hand holding and time to play with me? I am a very involved mom and do play with my kids a lot... I see this as a good thing... they actually WANT to play with me... right now... HOWEVER, there are those days... those days that I need all to myself, to be completely selfish, well, at least for a good few hours. I think it's important to find time for yourself to be a more balanced, happy person. Doesn't everyone need time for themselves at some point in a day? I know that I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment